Md. Asaduzzaman: He received LL.B. (Honours) and LL.M. (First Class) from the University of Dhaka. He has around 18 years of professional experience.
He is enrolled as an Advocate of the High Court Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh in 2004. He is a member of Bangladesh Supreme Court Bar Association. He successfully completed the following projects:
- January 2019-August 2019: Legal Expert, Environmental & Social (E&S) due diligence Report for DEG (Deutsche Investitions) loan finance to Meghna Economic Zone (MEZ)
Duties and responsibilities: Deliverable 1: Preliminary report on compliance with national labour legislation; 2: E&S Permit Compliance; Deliverable 3: Labour and Working Conditions Report
- June 2018-July 2018: Visiting Scholar, Kansai University, Japan
Duties and responsibilities: Taking class on the Constitution of Bangladesh to the students, delivering lecture in a seminar class on the Judicial Administration in Bangladesh to the faculty members and conducting joint research of Energy Regulations of Bangladesh and Japan.
- May 2017-February 2018: Legal Expert, The Update of Gas Sector Master Plan of Bangladesh (GSMP) Project, Ministry of Power, Energy & Mineral Resources funded by World Bank.
- Duties and responsibilities: Review of Legal and Regulatory framework of the Gas sector in Bangladesh.
- November 2017- June2018: Legal Consultant, Bangladesh Oil, Gas & Mineral Corporation (Petrobangla)
Duties and responsibilities: Restructuring the draft the Gas Biponon Bidhimala-2016 (Gas Distribution Rules, 2016) according to legal format.
- June 2011-June 2015: Legal Consultant under the TA Project for Institutional Development of Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission/ IDA & GOB.
- Duties and responsibilities: Supported the Commission in legal matters of their day to day businesses. This support included: (i) review of any legal documents, codes, standards, formats, forms, methodologies, minutes of public hearing, press release, letters; (ii) providing opinion on any matter that have legal consequences, cases, legal deficiency in any application; and (iii) supporting court cases; (iv) advising the Commission regarding the legality of Commission’s action; (v) drafting rules and regulations (both English and Bangla) for the Commission.
- March 2012-May 2012: Independent Consultant under the Promoting Democratic Institutions and Practices in Bangladesh (PRODIP) Project, a USAID Funded project of The Asia Foundation (TAF) and the SUNY Center for International Development (SUNY/CID), USA
- Duties and responsibilities: Wrote briefing memo to PRODIP in Bangla and English which describes the legal framework supporting the Disability Allowance Program, the Widow Allowance Program and the Old Aged Allowance Program. (Report submitted); conducted Training on Legislative Drafting and writing a report thereon; conducted Training on Enhancing Access to Food Security along with expert of International Food Policy Research Institute (IFRI).
- January-August 2010: Legislative Drafting Expert under Bangladesh Code Translation Project of the Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh/United Nations Development Program.
Duties and responsibilities: Translation of laws: from Bangla to English and English to Bangla: Volume XXVI and XXVII of the Bangladesh Code.